Colors of Swedish Lapland – The Blue Light package
Each season holds its special light to make this region breathtakingly beautiful. The intense Blue Light occurs for 6 to 7 weeks in December and January when the sun doesn’t cross the Arctic Circle’s horizon. It is the opposite of the midnight sun season, although it is far from dark. The snow, the stars, the moon, the northern light, together with the blue light, create an ethereal scenery; like “walking on a theatre scene”. This is the right time to take a break and absorb the magical beauty of nature at its best.
- 13.00 Arrival and transfer. Guided tour from Luleå airport. The transfer passes the world heritage Old church town.
- 15.30 Check in at Hotel Vuollerim Gästgiveriet. Walk out at the blue light in the beautiful surroundings.
- 19.00 Dinner with local food at the hotel.
- After dinner a Northern Lights safari – try to catch the northern lights! Guided tour.
- 07.00-9.00 Breakfast buffet
- 9.00-11.00 Capture the Blue Light and snowflakes. How to get the best photo shoot. Beautiful “Porsiudden” beside the river. Guided tour, workshop and transfer. *
- 11.00- 13.30 Lunch buffet, Hotel Vuollerim Gästgiveriet.
- 15.00-17.00 Learn how to make Ice Lanterns, local tradition in the village of thousand ice lanterns.
- 18.00-20.00 Tepee dinner, with a special forest Sami reindeer dinner and storytelling .
- 21.00 Out in the darkness. Experience the darkness, the silence, the stars and maybe the great moonlight in the middle of nowhere. Overnight sleep in the wilderness in a wooden fire cabin. Guided tour with a skilled villager, transport with car and snowmobile. Maximum 8 persons.
- 08.00-10.00 Transport from Cabin to hotel. Hotel Vuollerim breakfast buffet.
- 10.00 – 14.00 Visit a forest Sami reindeer herd. Go with the forest Sami man Thomas to their reindeers and experience the everyday life with the reindeers. Transport with car from Hotel Vuollerim, guide, refreshment (light lunch) and coffee, transport with snowmobile sleigh. Duration approx 4 hours.
- 15.00 Cross the Arctic Circle and get the certificate ceremony and have a guided tour in the world known Sami museum Ájtte, Jokkmokk. Transfer, certificate ceremony, Sami snacks and guide. Duration approx. 3 hours.
- 19.00 Enjoy a special House Jumping Dinner with villagers – appetizer, main course and dessert are served in different homes! A magical experience that stays long.
- 22.00 Check out for Northern Lights in the surroundings with a kick sledge. *
- 8.00-10.00 Breakfast buffet. Relaxing, free time to be out at the magic blue light or choose from optional activities.
- 11.30 Check out, lunch and departure to Treehotel and Luleå airport.
- 16.00 Arriving Luleå Airport
*As these activities are natural occurrences, Lapland Vuollerim has no control or responsibility on viewing
ability. Lapland Vuollerim reserves the right to adjust this package based on weather and market
Package price per person:
20 500 SEK
- Three nights with breakfast, double occupancy at Hotel Vuollerim Gästgiveriet**
- Sauna & Relax in basement
- Wireless Internet
- Northern Light safari with guide*
- Blue Light photo tour with guide*
- Star and moonlight walk with a guide in the darkness*
- Overnight sleep in the wilderness*
- Transfer and guided tour to/ from Luleå airport
- One three course dinner at the hotel
- One Tepee dinner with storytelling*
- One house jumping dinner
- Three lunch
- Kick sled with “Spark”
- Ice lantern workshop together with a villager
- Visit a forest Sami reindeer herd *
- Arctic Circle ceremony, sami snacks, certificate , transfer and guide
- Ájtte Sami museum, transfer and guide
- Visit Treehotel
**Toilet in the room. Shared shower in every level.
Single occupancy, or room with shower + 250 SEK per person each night
Program available Thursday to Sunday December 11 to February 1, except Christmas.
Optional days is possible to add on.
For more information and questions, please contact Eva-Lena Skalstad +46 70 958 05 58
Lapland Vuollerim Welcomes You are certified with “Natures Best” and a member of The Ecotourism Society of
Sweden. Products has been nominated for Best Outdoor Product of the Year, 3 years in a row at the wilderness fair in